Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 months and 22 days in...

New year, new goals, new blog... well, not entirely accurate as 2012 is 2 months and 22 days old. However, I do have new goals and a "new" blog, per say, in the sense that I've scraped much of what was here in an attempt to do a do-over and forget 2011 and the injuries with it.

The new goals of this year or really, the big goal of this year is simple - be ready for Ironman Canada. This year Ironman Canada falls in August 26, giving me 186 days until I swim 3.8k, bike 180k, and run a full marathon. Fun. The first 2 months and 22 days have been good. I've joined UBC Dolphins and and despite the suffering, I am finally feeling better about my swim. My running, which I desperately need to pick up in terms of volume, has been getting better and I completed my first half marathon of the season with a PB of 1:45:00, dead. It's not fast, but it's the fastest I've officially done and could probably have done better since I didn't feel like dying at the end.


Biking has been great, and like real cyclists, I am embracing my inner masochist and am putting plenty of km on my tires, rain or shine, and even did my first attack on Cypress yesterday. Got plenty of looks from people who were confused by my presence. Oh, and that little pimple after Cypress, that's Grouse Mtn. That ride has completely drained me and I may have strained my hamstring, time for some R&R for the next few days.

Training Total: Swim 32.15k / Bike 699.98k / Run 80.43k

No comments:

Post a Comment